Monday, May 18, 2009

Artomatic 2009

So I have been thinking about it and pondering it and finally decided to go for it -- I am going to have a space at Artomatic 2009. My little AOM profile is here.

I have been working with plain, unstretched canvas sheets for about the past year, so I decided at will exclusively show some of them at AOM. So, how to hang unstretched, unmounted, unframed canvas? Clothespins! (Well, sort of - but you'll have to come visit to see exactly how it is done.)

In keeping with the clothespin idea, I need to use clothesline. And if I am using clothesline, then I need to have poles. So, with that in mind, the following idea was born...

I looked at the bare wood:


Gave it a base coat:


Enlisted some child labor:


And added some details:


It is now ready for hanging, which I will do this weekend.

No comments: