Sunday, May 20, 2012

Artomatic 2012 - a Winner

Wow.  So, to be honest, I had some concerns going into Artomatic this year. It seemed that initially communication and organization were not up to my expectations. However, they pulled it off. What an amazing event. Friday night was Opening Night.  My face still hurts from smiling so much.

From seeing old friends to making new ones, I have not has this much fun in a long time.

I reached a bit this year and included a participatory aspect to my installation. Since my painting theme was about dance, I decided to ask the public to contribute by taking photographs of themselves dancing and sending them to me. So far, I have almost 50 participants from around the world who now have their photos on my wall.

Here is an overview of my space: 


Here is the area where public participation photos get posted:


This is a close up of the central dance-themed art. The entire piece is called "Shall We Dance?"


I look forward to continuing to visit Artomatic and encourage anyone near the DC area to partake. The event runs until June 23rd.

No comments: